20th Annual Bug Day!
Tuesday October 18, 2016
You're Invited - Click here! (Youtube 1:57)
Bug Day is hosted by Health Sciences Centre Winnipeg in collaboration with the University of Manitoba’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Medicine Group.
Bug Day is Manitoba’s largest healthcare education event and it is held every year during National Infection Prevention & Control Week. If you are interested in the prevention and control of communicable diseases, as well as health issues in the community or healthcare setting, then Bug Day is for you!
- To promote infection prevention and control principles and practices
- To promote hand hygiene awareness and safe health practices for the prevention of infection
- To identify emerging and existing pathogens, at-risk populations and situations relevant to the transmission of infection and how we can modify these conditions
Register for Certificate of Attendance
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED if you would like to receive a Certificate of Attendance. All participants, including Telehealth sites, can register at https://events.cpdumanitoba.ca/website/index/118448
By doing so you will be able to download your credit hours/Certificate of Attendance after the event. Registration will open on Tuesday, August 2, 2016 and will close at 11:00 p.m. October 18, 2016.
- Family Physicians and Pharmacists are asked to complete the paper sign-in sheet at one of the Bug Day locations.
- For those attending at Telehealth sites, please ensure that the 2016-Telehealth-SignIn.pdf (PDF) is clearly posted for participants at the site and faxed to 204-787-2989 post event.
- Members of the University of Manitoba Department of Medicine will automatically receive an email survey from the Department of Medicine for Medical Grand Rounds. If you wish to receive credit hours for all other Bug Day presentations please register on the link (above) in order to download your credit hours/Certificate of Attendance, post event. Once the survey is completed, the credit hours will be tracked and communicated to you.
Onsite sign-in is required for physicians and pharmacists collecting credit hours.
Bug Day - Tuesday October 18, 2016
In keeping with accreditation guidelines, speakers participating in this event are required to disclose to the audience any involvement with industry or other organizations that may potentially influence the presentation of the educational material.
Bibliography: Resources for Bug Day topics
- Acute Respiratory Illness
- Foodborne Illness
- Germ Phobia
- Infection Control
- Public Health in Manitoba
- Viral Hepatitis
Support Bug Day!
You can make a donation directly to the HSC Foundation Bug Day fund. Click here to visit the donation page.
This donation page will automatically generate a confirmation email and a tax receipt.
This event was co-developed with the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba, and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
- Bug Day Bug Day meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for up to 5.5 Mainpro+ credits.
- Bug Day is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CPD Medicine Program, University of Manitoba for a maximum of 5.5 hours.
- The University of Manitoba CPD Medicine Program is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME)
- Bug Day has been accredited for a maximum of 5.5 CEUs by the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba for pharmacists in Manitoba. CPhM File No. 16036M.
- Attendance at Bug Day by Registered Nurses, Registered Psychiatric Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses may contribute to fulfillment of their continuing competence program self-development plan.
- Bug Day is accepted by the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba for continuing education credits.
Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.
Please take a moment to Evaluate Bug Day 2016 by Clicking Here. Your comments and suggestions are important to us and assist with planning for future events. Note: Evaluations are anonymous. Private information and data are not collected.
Bug Day attendees are advised that parking will be available only in the William Avenue Parkade.